Oldest to Youngest

Oldest to Youngest
All Entered the Temple This Day

FindaGrave

Search 155.2 million cemetery records at by entering a surname and clicking search:
Surname:

O, Remember, Remember

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Lost was Found(:

Ok for Sarah and Moms benefit I am writing here in the family Blog. Yes we are still alive and keeping very busy, but here it goes(:
My story for the week. Last Thursday July 17 our oh so three year old Seth decided he wanted to go play outside. As I was cleaning up breakfast, dishes, food off of the floor from the twins etc, it was now time to change the three diapers. Seth , Michael and Matthews. Low and behold where is Seth. Yes we are blessed to have a fenced in back yard but it is only a blessing if it keeps in the kids. Seth is all muscle and all + boy and he can scale the fence with no problems. Needless to say Seth was not where he once was. EEEEEEKKKKKKK. Where is Seth? As I send Adam and Emma upstairs to check in closets, under beds, in the bathrooms, everywhere I double and trippled my checking of downstairs. Still no Seth. So I start outside.....of course Josh calls with a question from work and got more then he had expected(: So being the newer family still on the block here I am scrambling everywhere screaming out for Seth figuring maybe he will hear me yelling his name and come running.....oh was I wrong. SO I back track and check my neighbors house since she does have a couple of cats. " May be he is in her house?" NOPE wrong again. Now I have her helping me out. SETH! SETH! asking people I saw but to no avail. All this time praying to find Seth and that he will be safe and come home to us safe and sound.
I had totally forgotten at this point that I had set up a play date for the kids. So here drives up a friend and her little one. All she hears is me telling Josh that if we dont find him soon I am going to call 911. Ok now we have more help in the search for Seth. By this time I have fallen apart 2-3 times, pull myself back together and keep on looking for him. Just as my neighbor and I cross the streeet into another culdasac we hear a horn. My friend found him.....WHERE? Good question. Thank you for asking(:
Down in another culdasac that I had gone down 3-4 different times (cause there were a bunch of kids playing) but couldnt find him and no one said they saw him. Well of course not cause he blended in with the other blonde kids and there was a farwell party going on so no one saw my dear Seth go on in and started to play in this house.
What a way to meet some new neighbors but to crash a party. SO here we are at my front door and as I am sawing under my breath I dont know if I want to beat him or hug him my neighbor' starts laughing at me. Well Seth helped with the choice. After looking for this "Big Boy" for about an hour the first thing out of his mouth when he sees me was " go away from me mommy" Boy does he know how to touch his mommy's heart...
So after all of that and probably more then you wanted to read, Seth is now safe at home and still being loved as much as I can give so hopefully he wont do this again.
There are many lessons to be learned form this experience I am sure but for now I am just truely grateful to my Father in Heaven that Seth is safe back home with us where he should be.
I hope you all are doing great and may the Lord bless you every day(:

2 comments:

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Oh Holly, I think you brought tears to my eyes just seeing that you posted a story! LOL!
Your story was awesome. I'm sorry he gave you such a scare, the feeling of losing one of your kids it seriously, the worst feeling possible! I'm glad it all turned out okay.

Tell Josh to put an electric wire around that fence! Or at least get a GPS and attach it to Seth's underwear!

Anonymous said...

I LOVED Sarah's ideas...I even LOL when I read it...Holly, they now have IMPLANTED GPS's for little children...I didn't like the feel of such an idea...but, for moments like this...it may not be a bad idea...You'd ALWAYS know where Seth was...(smile) THANKS for POSTING....We know the family is ALIVE and WELL...and BUSY...(smile)