Too bad the person didn't get a shot of some of the spiders from our home, but I like the caption. :)...such memories.
Does this give you the willies? I remember when living in Utah, Dana Jones found a tarantula on the side of the road, picked it up in an empty Oil filter box and brought it to our home. I don't know if this is my memory or I was so scarred - not scared -scarred by the experience, but he let it crawl up his arm. Like I said, this may be a horrific conjured up image I conceived, but it has stuck.
Be grateful you live in America. Cambodia and other rainforests, like Brasil, have these babies crawling around. And to make matters worse...well, these bad boys are on the menu for dinner - yum.
Deep fried spider snacks have Cambodia back in the news. First eaten by starving people out of desperation during the Cambodian civil war of the 1970s, fried spiders have become one of the most popular snack foods, a national delicacy and have caused quite a stir in the culinary world -sounds very similar to caviar's background. I guarantee this will never be mixed with fudge.
When people fled into the jungle to get away from Pol Pot's troops, they found these spiders and had to eat them because they were so hungry. Seasoned with garlic and salt they are fried in butter until crispy on the outside but gooey on the inside and served piping hot. Bon appetit!
8 comments:
Honestly Caleb, sometimes I wonder about your twisted little mind. And by the way, the description of the fried spiders was just down right SICK!
Hey, brings back memories, right? I was just wondering if you regret giving me admin. access. haha.
I am starting to wonder what I was thinking! Well, at least the name of our family blog is appropriate!
I sure hope the rest of your BROTHERS are seeing this BLOG...since they absolutely ALL FREAK...when they see the "littlest" spider...This ought to give them something to "chew" on...UGH!!!!! Can you really get this desperate??? I just don't know...if I could EAT SPIDERS!!!!
No, they don't scare me. I eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner EVERY DAY!
Dude, I should have posted some pictures I got of spiders in our house down in Brasil. That second picture with the tarantula is about the size of some of the pics I have. Heh, had one walk in on us when I was teaching a discussion once :) Needless to say the little sucker destroyed the Spirit of the lesson :P
Well, its a good thing Josh doesn't check in on this blog, I don't think he could handle these pictures. He's probably try to squish the screen!
Post a Comment