"NOT PERFECT "
Then something like - "but nearly perfect which is scaring me"
Wish I could remember the EXACT wording...
steel grills to put over grated grills - your dad made the handles, etc.
Abe and Bob Shephered in the background..
Mike Ingalls - beginning to cook the "hot dogs" for Friday Night's Dinner
on Monday - June 16 - at the Church Ranch...
Your dad took on the BIGGEST event...thus far....involving "The Holy Griddle"....FEEDING ALL at the "Camp Mosiah" REGIONAL Scout encampment.....averaging 850 people PER MEAL....The camp did not officially begin...till Wednesday, June 18th - but, Garvin had to get all the food at the church ranch...on MONDAY...and feed "staff" meals...beginning TUESDAY MORNING...(some of the guys did not get home till 1:30 Tuesday MORNING...loading up the last truck loads) I do not know the FINAL bill...but, the budget began at $16,000....I only went on FRIDAY....Bob Shepherd picked me up after 4:00 in the morning...so we could help with the cooking throughout the day...It was the only day I could go...due to release of my YW President calling...and given TWO other callings....I had to start setting up all my records...for the Primary Activities Day calling...and start working on my FIRST activity...next WEDNESDAY....plus...meetings...and turning over everything to the Sister who replaced me in Young Women's....However...I had a GREAT TIME....and your dad had INCREDIBLY HARD working men...plus Fran Miller...helping him..."feed the masses"....I took some pictures, yesterday, to give you some idea...what it was like...beginning on Monday...SERVING IN THE KINDGOM really is AWESOME!!!!!
1 comment:
Miss having ALL of you there...most of you were great help to your dad...when he first got started in using "The Holy Griddle"...Who would have ever thought...it would come to this...(smile)
Post a Comment