Oldest to Youngest

Oldest to Youngest
All Entered the Temple This Day

FindaGrave

Search 155.2 million cemetery records at by entering a surname and clicking search:
Surname:

O, Remember, Remember

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

We BROKE Ground....

One of my dreams...was to have a HUGE BERRY PATCH...It will take a few years to build it up...but, today, we BROKE ground...We planted "20" Raspberry plants: 10 - Killarney Raspberry and 10 - Caroline Raspberry.  VERY EXCITED!!!  However, we do NOT have a rototiller, so we had to do it the OLD-FASHION way....with a shovel...(smile)  So, when you all come to visit...over the next several years...we should have some WONDERFUL RASPBERRIES to eat FRESH!!! (or frozen - depending on when you come) (smile)  I would like to add other varieties of BERRIES...blueberries, black berries, goose berries...etc.

Garvin "rototilling" by shovel
I did not get a picture of Hyrum, but he finished digging out this row and did the second row
Completed - thus far...
Someone had removed these rocks from the field BEFORE we moved here...
Some of the rocks WE had to REMOVE
Another angle of the pasture we chose to plant in...
Garvin chose the site for the berries - that are WAY in the corner...
He said it was the best ground - but, it will be a walk for now...
Eventually, we will continue to ADD more rows and develop this entire pasture.
This is only ONE of our pastures.
But, know...FLOWERS and my HERBS
are, also, slowly finding new resting
spots around our home
LOTS OF WORK to do BEFORE it will look like I envision...
YEARS of work - but for now, I am EXCITED
over small patches to work in...(smile)

8 comments:

Abe n Annie said...

and the slave labor begins....

Angel Day said...

it is a good thing I am married and have my own place. (By the way...why does your numbers on the border say 2009?)

Mama Smith said...

Speaking of "slave labor", Abe...are you going to make it back here this month? (smile)

Angel: Just remember, what YOU INVEST in THIS property...will BENEFIT YOU and YOUR FAMILY!!! (smile)

Regarding the border saying 2009 - It was the only one they had I liked...to change the background of this blog...to represent FATHER's DAY this MONTH...No one did a new one for this year...

Angel Day said...

Then why don't you do COWS....since it is FATHER'S DAY.

Mama Smith said...

I did find one with cows...thought about it...but, wondered if I should save that for your Dad's BIRTHDAY...What do you think?

Angel Day said...

OR you could do it for BOTH!

Mindy said...

Love this! Raspberry's...yum. So, it's not too cold there?? Your property looks wonderful!

Bob M. said...

I'm glad that Abraham got to visit.

Good works.