Oldest to Youngest

Oldest to Youngest
All Entered the Temple This Day

FindaGrave

Search 155.2 million cemetery records at by entering a surname and clicking search:
Surname:

O, Remember, Remember

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Our Second Florida Family Visit - Our Brother - Darryl Pierce - Part 1

There is nothing like FAMILY visiting...We had the joy of having Darryl Pierce come stay with us for almost a week.  Darryl is currently staying in Oregon to receive treatments for his prostrate cancer...Being so close to us, it enabled him to come see us by TRAIN!!! One day, I would LOVE to take a TRAIN ride throughout these beautiful mountains...We picked him up at the WHITEFISH TRAIN STATION...It was just like in the movies...Train stations haven't changed much...It was AWESOME!!!
I took over 100 pictures while Darryl was here...so, now comes the hard part in deciding what to post here on the blog...
 Since Darryl and Garvin are both taking CHEMO
they were often "cold"...so you would find 
them both often wrapped up in blankets...

We took a couple of trips...One trip - we went to "Hungry Horse Dam"...It seems our lot for the week was rain and overcast weather.  But, we still ENJOYED the BEAUTY of the country...
Got to LOVE this PICTURE!
Garvin, Mama, Darryl
"Hungry Horse Dam"
Notice this time - Garvin has his COAT on instead of 
his "Hawaiian shirt"...It was much colder when
he was in his "shirt" than this time - but CHEMO 
has changed all that...
What can I say - Hyrum is still a "teenager"!
Garvin and Hyrum made the "7-layer" dip
for our trip - so we had a little picnic
and found a spot to eat and enjoy
the countryside...
Little water fall near the dam...
We had our picnic at this spot
Hyrum loving the nature of this country
I loved this picture - taken on the other side of the dam
Loved the way the clouds were reflected 
in the water...
Yum...great 7-layer dip!!!
Hyrum off "investigating"

I am going to make this week's events into 2 or 3 parts...Like I said...I took over 100 pictures...and need to decide how I want to display this wonderful week with our Brother Darryl!!! Next post will be our experience in Glacier National Park....TRULY...one of the most BEAUTIFUL places on this earth!!!

2 comments:

hjsmith said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Some of those pictures look like postcards, just simply beautiful.

Sandee said...

Gorgeous pictures and so nice to see Darryl's smiling face. We Florida folks miss Brother Darryl.