Baldwin/Castle (Constitution)
Barr/Root (Libertarian)
Calero/Kennedy (Socialist Workers)
Keyes/Drake (Independent)
La Riva/Puryear (Socialism and Liberation)
McCain/Palin (Republican)
McKinney/Clemente (Green)
Moore/Alexander (Socialist)
Nader/Gonzalez (Independent)
Obama/Biden (Democratic)
Weill/McEnulty (Reform)
Top 11 Greens to Use in Your Green Smoothies
11 months ago
6 comments:
Are you trying to start a political war or something? =)
No, no. I have done that on my facebook. :) The first was the picture of the soldiers and I commented about "universal healthcare."
Now I have a big one on marriage. Partly on my wall, partly within the picture.
What?! Ralph Nader is no longer running under the green flag? Does he think he is going to do better in the Independent party?
Hey..."Scotty-dog's" name isn't listed here...(:
Room for a serious comment? I voted Constitutional party though I was torn between them and Libertarians. I look a lot at the candidate himself and had to choose the one who was not married 3 times and encouraged his second wife to get an abortion.
Funny thing was after I voted I felt so sad to have not voted Republican for the first time ever. I felt like I'd abandoned my party until my son-in-law reminded me it was them that left me not me that left them.
In the words of Ronald Regan, "I didn't leave the Democratic [Republican] party, they left me.
I have not voted Republican since 1988.
I voted Libertarian and have for some time.
Why?
It's all about the Constitution.
Libertarians want to abide solely by the Constitution.
Thus, while I personally abhor homosexuality, abortion and illegal drugs, there is no mention of these things in the Constitution, so there is no room for the federal government to be involved in these things. The list is quite a bit longer (Social Security, Welfare, Minimum Wage laws, OSHA, EPA, education, seat belts, bicycle helmet specifications, the amount of water you toilet can flush (yes, it's mandated by federal regulation) etc. etc. etc.) but I only cite these as an example. These are states rights issues, or individual issues (see amendments 9 and 10).They may very well violate God's laws, so I will avoid that behavior, but that is not justification to usurp my liberty and have the federal government regulate my life. The MOST IMPORTANT principle to Father is Agency! The Constitution is a limit on the power of government (our rights come from "the Creator"). Thus I will align myself politically with that group of individuals that works to keep government in check and protect my private property rights, and my liberty, as God intended.
Wherefore, because that Satan rebelled against me, and sought to destroy the agency of man, which I, the Lord God, had given him, and also, that I should give unto him mine own power; by the power of mine Only Begotten, I caused that he should be cast down; (Moses 4: 3: ).
This sounds a lot like federal government regulation in the above mentioned behaviors.
Notice I focus on Federal government intervention. Regulation of these things is allowed by the state, or the individual, in the thinking of the Founding Fathers.
We must understand the Constitution and hold it up for what President Benson called it: "a heavenly banner".
I am not criticizing your choice. I leaned that way for a while, but I think the Constitutional party wants more federal regulation than the Constitution allows.
Having said all that, I have no problem with the federal government regulating any of the above behaviors IF we, the people give up those rights to the federal government by amending the U.S. Constitution. This is because there is a fundamental principle at stake here: do we want to be ruled by law (the Constitution) or by the whims of men (Al Gore, Barack Obama, John McCain, et all). In EVERY historical example where the whims of men have ruled, the people lived in tyranny, e.g. Rome, Europe during the time of kings, the former Soviet Union, North Korea, China, Cuba, etc. etc. etc.. The choice is rule by law (Constitution) or rule by the whims of men. Now amending the Constitution is a long, difficult, and arduous project, and it is that way for a reason. The Founders did not want us sacrificing our liberty (freedom) easily (for a bowl of porridge).
Thus, I vote in ways that will preserve my liberty. I must stand before God and account for my voting. At the judgment bar I will say I voted to protect man's God given agency.
Garvin
Post a Comment