
How long can a cockroach live without its head?
A headless cockroach will live for about a week until it dies of thirst. Here's why: Roaches do not need their heads to breathe -- oxygen is absorbed through spiracles (the insect version of gills) on their body -- and they can survive for a month without food.
How Long Can a Cockroach Live Without Its Head?
A few more photos to "enjoy". Deep fried roach in Thailand.
This next "Mormonad" brings memories of growing up. I would not be surprised if this happened to one of us after the roaches cozied up in an Ice Cream bucket.
6 comments:
Have you noticed what the SMITH MEN publish on this blog? (smile)
these look like the one I found by the fridge this morning...are you starting a collection?
That's disgusting.
Mmm, deep fried or freezed.
I think I am going to be "sick"...Like finding this BIG dead squished "roach" on our kitchen floor this morning...and leaving it on the floor...while people kept stepping around it...NOT CLEANING IT and its "etc." off the FLOOR!!!!
Post a Comment