Eric Coles and Garvin
Garvin - 57 pounds lighter
It was so fun...to have our FIRST friend/family come...and spend the night with us...Eric Coles drove in from Idaho...and was the first to sleep all night in our "YELLOW" guest bedroom! (smile) We had just got the bed put together...! That was about all we had in the room...but, at least he didn't have to sleep on the floor! (smile)P.S. NOTICE BEKAH...Dad still has some "hair"! (smile)

27 comments:
STUD MUFFIN! DANG DAD! YOU LOOK AMAZING! AND YOUNGER! BOW-CHICA-BOW-WOW MOM!
Whoa!!!! Dad, you look.... whoa! You look good!
Looks like a gray room to me. ;)
Except for the height and ring on the finger, soon you won't be able to tell dad and I apart!
Actually, he looks much more like his father now.
no caleb unless he has to go to a concentration camp he won't look like you. sorry.
Bekah...Your father is in a CONCENTRATION CAMP! He only gets to eat what I FEED HIM!!! (smile)
Caleb...SHOOT ME...If Dad gets to YOUR WEIGHT!!! It's bad enough...that YOU weigh LESS THAN ME!!!! (smile)
Sick mom, sick, sick, sick, matching yourself up to Hitler's Guards. then again I remember being under your thumb growing up and eating all those rock hard "healthy" cookies and stuff, feeding us mush in the mornings....I am starting to see similarities... ;)
But, Bekah...look how BEAUTIFUL YOU TURNED OUT!!! (smile)
Man mom your eye sight must really be going bad after that last comment =P Lol looking good Dad. Now all you need to do is some exercises to get the skin to tighten around the body so you don't look like a science project gone wrong.
How I look actually depends on the day. Today is a good day.
Only forty more pounds to go!
ABRAHAM AMMON...! I have GREAT EYE SIGHT...when I have my "glasses" on!!! (smile)
And Abe...unfortunately...your Dad is a "science project" right now...CHEMO...is a "brutal" experiment...!!!
Wow dad(: wow. In the almost ten years I have been apart of this family I have never seen you look so thin(: and yes you do look younger. Hope you are feeling better. Miss you , and love you(: sending you a hug(: Hope everyone else is doing great(: miss all of you(:
Well Garvin you do look younger and thinner. Sorry to let you know that exercise will not tighten up lose skin. Saggy skin is one of those consequences of "sin". You can repent of bad eating habits and lose weight but over stretch skin stays stretched. However saggy is better than the extra weight. Miss you and your family.
Gail Munck
Mom honestly what would you do without our sparkling personalities... Abe I am so amazingly beautiful I make Edward look like ash...so HA!
Bekah...My life would have been quite DULL...I am SO ENJOYING each of YOUR "UNIQUE" personalities....Not one of you are alike...and that has been the real "spice" in our family! (smile)
You're looking great Garvin but my favorite "pre" dietician Kaitlyn warns that when you're fighting cancer you need to safeguard your weight. Make sure and eat a healthy amount of dense calorie foods: whole grain pastas, beans, potatoes, brown rice; healthy oils like flax and olive oil. One of our favorite family foods is crusty whole grain bread dipped into a platter of high quality olive oil swirled with our favorite balsamic vinegar. Another big favorite is fresh ground almond or peanut butter! Wish we could bring you a platter of our favorites right now!
Wow!!! You look awesome, I know this is not the way you wanted to lose the weight though. You do look fantastic though and it looks like you need a new shirt to celebrate. :P
One question, have you tried coconut milk and coconut oil. There are AMAZING benefits to it and they are finding that even AIDS patients have been able to get away from some meds by eating coconut 2 times a day.
http://www.thevirgincoconutoil.com/articleitem.php?articleid=168
Wheatgrass:
It is known to be advantageous to cancer patients. Wheatgrass taken in the form of juice or raw is shown to regress cancer cells growth as demonstrated by Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Centre. It has the ability to enhance the immune system, and get you rid off the toxins and waste products.
Broccoli: Broccoli contains linamarase gene that when present inside cancer cells can breakdown into cyanide and effectively kill the tumor cell.
Sorry such a long response, love you guys!!!
Sandee:
I am cooking all that you mentioned...EXCEPT...the dipping of bread in the olive oil and putting balsamic vinegar in it...I JUST bought the "balsamic vinegar" cause I LOVE IT...so it looks like I will need to try what you just suggested! Garvin use to LOVE "sopping" his bread in whatever he could on his plate...We will need to try "dipping" in OIL and herbs, now...However, Garvin finds he can't EAT much in "combination"...Doesn't make him feel very good...He eats things in a "singular manner"...
Tell Kaitlyn, our very own personal "dietitian"...(smile)...that I am grateful to know...we are on the right track...APPRECIATE ALL ADVICE!!!
Also, I have been wanting to make our VERY OWN "Almond butter" and "Peanut butter"...I bought some of both (the raw nuts)...and will TRY MAKING IT SOON!
THANK YOU, again, Sandee...YOUR SUPPORT is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
HA! Renee! Garvin LOVES all his "Hawaiian" shirts...He wears them EVERYDAY TO WORK! Changes into his "teaching" shirts and ties when he has to teach his classes...then, goes back to his office...and changes back into his "Hawaiian" shirts...(smile)
I have the "Virgin Coconut Oil"...Though, I haven't had Garvin take it, yet...but, I have heard GREAT things in regards to this oil...I, also, started buying the "coconut milk" to make "smoothies" and such...I LOVE IT...!!! I have always been a "coconut" FAN!!! Will need to incorporate it into Garvin's new "lifestyle"...(smile)
I have a "wheatgrass" grinder...Will start doing my OWN...but, we were giving him "wheatgrass" BEFORE his chemo...Will need to get BACK ON IT!!!
As for BROCCOLI..He has me STEAM it...at least ONCE a week...or MORE...It is one of his ABSOLUTE FAVORITES!!!
Still looking forward to you coming HERE...Renee...Still working on your room...but, at least the BED is UP!!! (smile)
Good luck with making your own nut butters. Make sure and use the directions that come with your blender. I don't know why I had a hard time but I tried making almond butter with the vita-mix and ended up impacting the whole deal. Thought I'd burned up Tim's vita-mix.
When I grind it at the health food store it's just pure nuts ground into pure butter so not sure why Vita-mix struggled with it. Maybe Blendtec will do a better job!
Sandee:
I will let you know...I will try the "Almonds" first...
Gail:
I know what you are saying is true...A friend of mine...who had twins...had to have her "excess" skin surgically removed...over "30" years later...
We TRULY MISSED our "annual" Thanksgiving campout...MISS hearing you LAUGH...!!! It always made me SMILE!!! It is contagious!!!
It is so good to "see" you Garvin!
I concur with the wheatgrass advice and the coconut oil. I used coconut oil in my oatmeal for breakfast. Pretty good!
Might want to try barley juice too! Check out the Word of Wisdom verse 17!
Love you all.
oh my gosh all this talk about eating grass and oil makes me want to go eat a stake! Dad don't worry I will make sure that when I'm out there we will have stake, ribs and bacon!
Don't worry dad I got your back I will save you!
hahaha :)
Sasha! Oh...great idea...Hadn't thought about putting it on a grain cereal...Will have to try that...
As for "barley drinks"...I wanted to look up how to make a "barley drink"...I figure if it was in the "Word of Wisdom"...it MUST BE GOOD!!! (smile)
BEKAH!!! STAKE vs. STEAK!!! (smile)You are excused...being a "blonde"...(smile) Don't forget...Dad is going to raise his OWN..."beef"!!! (smile) Plus, we eat BUFFALO...up here in MONTANA!!! (smile)
I knew it didn't look right, goes to show I have been in Utah far too long... my brain cells are cutting out!
Post a Comment