Oldest to Youngest

Oldest to Youngest
All Entered the Temple This Day

FindaGrave

Search 155.2 million cemetery records at by entering a surname and clicking search:
Surname:

O, Remember, Remember

Friday, May 14, 2010

YESTER YEAR....1986

A few months ago, Marj, Garvin's step-mother...sent me letters and pictures we had sent them...years ago...I was THRILLED to get them...!!!!  Wasn't easy to keep a JOURNAL in those concentrated years, so rereading events I wrote to Garvin's parents...was so WONDERFUL...I scanned all the letters into my computer, today, and one day...will make sure all you children will receive copies of them...There were drawings and other little things that were with the letters...All those were scanned as well...

It will take me time...but, I am slowly SCANNING all the pictures she sent to me as well...Today, I am posting the pictures that were taken in DECEMBER 1986 while we were living in our Lynndyl, Utah home.  All YOU CHILDREN...were SO CUTE!!!! MEMORIES...such WONDERFUL MEMORIES...

 
 Abraham - 1 week old
 Caleb - 6th Birthday
Caleb - Christmas Morning
Garvin and Jenny
Children's Refrigerator and Stove
Playing house
Joshua and Caleb
"Then, FUTURE MISSIONARIES"
Josh, Caleb, Jenny, Sarah (In front)
Christmas SURPRISE
Built this CLIMBING dome in the basement of our home
Rebekah
Don't you just love her "curly" hair!
Rebekah - Christmas Morning
Rebekah undid our bed...
and climbed in
Sarah testing out the new
"Climbing Dome"

4 comments:

Ramona Zabriskie said...

Debbie - This reminds me how Dale and I used to take pictures like mad, but then not be able to afford to develop them...so the undeveloped roles would sit for months, even years. By the time we got around to taking them in to be developed, we'd forgotten what was on them! It was SUCH a treat, SUCH a delight to see photos of our children that were so new but so old. These are gorgeous. So precious. What a treasure chest.

Mother Smith said...

You know, Ramona, I still have "rolls" in a zip lock bag that I still need to develop...In this MOVE, I discovered how many I had NOT developed...Looking forward to the day, when I do...and like YOU say, I will find "hidden treasures"...(smile)

Garvin Smith said...

To my children:
This is what makes it all worthwhile. Right now you are in the thick of raising your young family and often "can't see the forest for the trees." But the day will come, as the Brethren have promised, that you will be rewarded. These pictures bring back precious memories, hearty laughs, tender feelings, and make me even more grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who gave me such sweet(?) children as part of my family, and earth experience.
I have been blessed mightily.

Mindy said...

They are wonderful years, aren't they?? We have been blessed! Loved the pictures!