I LOVE how Family TRADITIONS...continue onward...SIX WEEKS after we had our FIRST child (Josh)...Garvin and I took our first "Old Fashion" photo at the Yakima County Fair in Washington State...Throughout the years...we tried as often as we could to keep up the tradition...(by-the-way, that is a FAKE mustache) (but, he sure was HANDSOME!!!) (LOVE a man in UNIFORM) (smile)
Josh and Holly just sent this picture of their newest
"Old Fashion" family photo.
I LOVED how Josh commented on this photo:
"if you only knew how long it took to get this one"
For all of us who have raised a YOUNG FAMILY or in the midst of it...we have a very good idea what it took to get this picture - but, OH...are they WORTH the EFFORT! (smile)


4 comments:
Love the picture and I do know what you mean. I can still remember which pictures were a family squabble that ended in a portrait!
Adam looks like a beast with that double-barrel shotgun
I have told my boys that when they are in their teens, before Adam leaves on his mission, all my boys and I are going to one of these places and dressing up as old time bar girls for a photo of a lifetime. Adam claims he will not do it ... but I think he will change his mind by then and think it cool.
Josh...Now...that would be the portrait to hang over your MANTEL in your FAMILY ROOM! (smile)
Post a Comment