Okay Greg, you asked for it.
AND I promised an update after my last treatment so here it is:
The treatment was a breeze (or so I thought).
There were no ill side effects . . . initially.
However, the side effects appear to be somewhat delayed this time.
I was not fatigued initially. But by Monday I was more tired than usual. Overall not bad though. The first time I was wasted. This time I was only slightly weakened.
The first time I had bad constipation. This time I used preemptive measures: eating prunes and drinking large amounts of prune juice. However, by today the constipation is getting worse. I let up on the prunes and now I am plugging up!
Today, for the first time I'm starting to get sores in my mouth again. Tomorrow at my Rituxan treatment I'll ask for more medication to stop the sores.
Overall I'm doing much better, thanks to the blessings of the Lord in answer to all of your prayers. This might be an example of Luke 18: 1 - 5; and the parable of the unjust judge:
"And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;
Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:
And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.
And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man;
Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me."
I will have four more Rituxan treatements over the next four weeks, and, if things look good, I will have another PET (positron emission tomography - Google it!) scan, and, if things look real good, we could reduce the number of treatments!
Thank you all for your concern and prayers on my behalf. Father has taught me much about charity through your example. My heart is still harder than it should be, but, much softer than it was. But believe me, I'm not going to seek for any more dramatic spiritual progress any time soon!
More to come . . .
Top 11 Greens to Use in Your Green Smoothies
11 months ago
1 comment:
Garvin, Will they let you take 2 or 3 grams of magnesium every day for the constipation? I take a med that causes extreme constipation and the magnesium helps loads (pun intended.)
Kim
Post a Comment