As I sat in Jared and Angel's Ward this morning...I wrote down IMPRESSIONS as they came to me...during the Sacrament meeting...
I have wondered what YOU...experience during your moments in a day...when the "windows of heaven" open up to you...
Example:
While we were singing...Hymn #27 "Praise to the Man"...I had such "tender feelings" come over me regarding the Prophet Joseph Smith...and this sense of DEEP GRATITUDE filled my heart....
While singing the "Sacrament Hymn" - "With Humble Heart" - the LAST VERSE truly touched my spirit..."As I walk daily here on earth - give me thy spirit as I seek - A CHANGE of HEART, another birth - And grow, dear Lord, to be LIKE THEE..."
I was just about to record that impression onto the program...when the FIRST SPEAKER stood up...and said...how she was "touched" by the last VERSE of this same hymn...(smile) I thought..."HOW COOL IS THAT!" That the Holy Ghost touched at least TWO of us...over the same verse!!!! (smile)
Second speaker...I thought of GARVIN...He quoted the parable...in Luke 17:12-19 - of the 10 lepers - whom the Lord cleansed...and only ONE return to express his GRATITUDE or his HEALING...Verse 17 "And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the NINE?" Verse 18 "There are not found that returned to give GLORY to GOD, save this stranger. Verse 19 - "And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: THY FAITH HATH MADE THEE WHOLE."
Well, Garvin...I just couldn't help but think of all those PRAYING over your health...FASTING for some...and YOUR FAITH in our FATHER!!!! "Thy FAITH HATH made thee WHOLE!"
I would LOVE it...if any of you...have MOMENTS...that you see God's hand in your life, it would be FANTASTIC if you would share with us...so that we may all be EDIFIED!!!
I LOVE YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!!!! Mama
Top 11 Greens to Use in Your Green Smoothies
1 year ago
3 comments:
Hi, Mama Smith...I am Maria...Serene's E~friend...She is the best friend I have never met!! I have been reading your blogs...keeping up with the latest on you and your Sweetheart. YOU ALL are truly in our thoughts and prayers! We faced that very unknown possibility of cancer with our 4 year-old in December...but our news was much better.oh how we learned thoughA!!
Odd you posted about Sunday's Sacrament service...because during our intermediate song, "More Holiness Give Me"...I thought of Gavin. It is GOOD the tears waited until AFTER the hymn was over...difficult to read music and play through tears. All of the things he has been praying for were in the song...I realized we ALL (especially me)should praying for attributes that would draw us nearer and be more like our Savior.
LOVE YOUR BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!!!
Hi, Mama Smith...I am Maria...Serene's E~friend...She is the best friend I have never met!! I have been reading your blogs...keeping up with the latest on you and your Sweetheart. YOU ALL are truly in our thoughts and prayers! We faced that very unknown possibility of cancer with our 4 year-old in December...but our news was much better.oh how we learned thoughA!!
Odd you posted about Sunday's Sacrament service...because during our intermediate song, "More Holiness Give Me"...I thought of Gavin. It is GOOD the tears waited until AFTER the hymn was over...difficult to read music and play through tears. All of the things he has been praying for were in the song...I realized we ALL (especially me)should praying for attributes that would draw us nearer and be more like our Savior.
LOVE YOUR BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!!!
Sorry I posted a duplicate...and left out the "R"...
:D Maria
Post a Comment