Oldest to Youngest

Oldest to Youngest
All Entered the Temple This Day

FindaGrave

Search 155.2 million cemetery records at by entering a surname and clicking search:
Surname:

O, Remember, Remember

Saturday, January 28, 2012

What Do You Do When You Become "Empty Nesters"?

Garvin decided that today...we would go for a drive...
We didn't need to worry or think about
leaving anyone home...so, we simply...took off!
After 33 years...it was rather "liberating"!
(smile)
Garvin wanted to drive to Eureka...swing over in a loop...
and hit Libby...and then, come home through
Marion and Kila...

We had SO MUCH FUN! We took the jeep, since, the predictions
of snow...today...could have been a problem for the Lincoln...

Of course, I had my camera...Garvin promised me...that if I saw
something interesting...he would be willing to STOP
the car...back up if he had to...etc.
I can not begin to tell you how many times that happened!
(smile)

We had LUNCH in Eureka...and talked to some of the people there...
Went into small shops and such...The town no longer has
any industry...now that the logging companies had to 
shut down...Eureka is only about 8 miles from
the Canadian border...where much of their income comes
from the Canadians...because the prices of goods
are so much cheaper here in the United States...

Here are some of the fun pictures I took:

Ice Fishing...
One of the lakes between Kalispell and Eureka
Wonder what they would have done
if they fell through the ice...
Long way from the shore!

Grave Creek
Many beautiful streams along the way...

Another view...


Got to LOVE the Spirit of MONTANA!

Interesting names for streets, also...
(smile)

I took several pictures of this lake...Only going to post one 
more...Here is the incredible information on this lake...
You will understand...why I won't post 
all of my pictures...(smile)
 
In the very northwest corner of Montana and into British Columbia lies the 93-mile long Lake Koocanusa in the state's famous Kootenai National Forest. Created for travelers, Lake Koocanusa Scenic Byway provides easy access to a variety of recreation, nature appreciation, and sightseeing opportunities along its 67 miles. From boating and fishing on the lake to camping and hiking in the forests, Lake Koocanusa Scenic Byway provides something for every outdoor lover.

Loved the reflection off the water...

Another creek...going into Lake Koocanusa

Some of the Rock Walls along the Highway

Frozen waterfalls

Love NATURE!

Libby - City of Eagles

Many of the lakes look like this right now...
I think this is Lake McGregor
Between Libby and Kila - not too far from home...

Got to love the attitude of those who LOVE FREEDOM!
Sign on PRIVATE PROPERTY!
(smile)

Came home...stoked up the fire
in the wood stove...

Garvin and his new found friends
that he got at a Thrift Store in Eureka!
"Yellow Heart" and "Yellow Heart, Jr."
plus...well...didn't name him...yet...
Yeah...cows INSIDE as well as OUTSIDE...
 
And I found two more outfits
for my future "granddaughter" or
"granddaughters"
(smile)

No comments: