Yesterday, T-Bone fulfilled the measure of his creation...
They actually come to the house and slaughter your animals
on the property...Garvin and another friend of Hyrum's
took "videos" during the entire process...
T-Bone - curious what is going on...
Sirloin - on the left - had to come into the pen to be with
his buddy...
T-Bone looking a bit...wary...
This was the last picture I could take...
I couldn't watch...but, after I heard the shot...
I walked around and saw T-Bone twitching on the ground...
that was hard enough...
but, what really got to me...
was seeing Sirloin go up to his buddy...
lying on the ground...
and putting his head down to touch his friend...
I couldn't watch anymore...
Whenever Sirloin...saw any of us during the day...
He would bawl out...and would continue to bawl...
Hyrum went up to him during the day...and Sirloin seemed
to just want some comfort...
T-Bone - When we first got him...
This is what I will remember...





9 comments:
Oh my gosh that almost made me cry! When you put it that way, I'm against killing them! Geez mom you made this post emotional! Next time make the post detached! My heart is aching!!! Holy cow.....
TRUST me, Bekah...I didn't think I would have any real emotion on this event...but, watching SIRLOIN...nestle his buddy...I had such a sad feeling...Wasn't expecting it...
That's right Becka - Holy Cow. :)
I couldn't help but laugh OUT LOUD, Caleb and Bekah...Hey...just think...We have started our "Farm" ON HIGH...Just sending them ahead...(smile)
Poor little guy. I hope he is yummy :)
You have waited all year for this so all I can say is WHERE"S THE BEEF??? and what time will the steaks be done on the griddle. Steak and eggs sound pretty good right now.
Actually, Fran...we don't have the meet back yet...Takes about 2 weeks to "cure"...But, hey...lets have a PARTY! The ol' grill is READY TO GO! (smile)
Oh...my word...I mean MEAT...not MEET! Must be tired! (smile)
Dave says you're getting soft in your old age... and more :) :(
Post a Comment