got to have LUNCH...no breakfast...
Our 2nd year in participating in "Project Homeless"...It is quite an event...Volunteers from all different groups to help with hardships and homelessness...There are doctors: people to help give out ID's; find Birth certificates; portable showers; clothing; job placements; etc. The Church provided all the food from the Bishop Storehouse and what we couldn't get provided from the Bishop Storehouse, the STAKE paid for the things we had to get from Sam's Club. Lynn Whitcomb is the "Public Affairs" representative for Seminole County became involved in this project...We were asked to "cook" both BREAKFAST AND LUNCH...Last year, we only did BREAKFAST...To say the least, how GRATEFUL I am..."but by the grace of God...there go I"...that we have been blessed with opportunities that provide us...with a roof over our heads, food on the table, and clothes on our backs....Something we should never take forgranted...I am posting a few pictures from the event...We feed a few hundred for BREAKFAST and later DOUBLED that for lunch...because we feed the VOLUNTEERS LUNCH, as well....We got there around 5:30 in the MORNING...and didn't leave till after 4:00 p.m.
No comments:
Post a Comment