Oldest to Youngest

Oldest to Youngest
All Entered the Temple This Day

FindaGrave

Search 155.2 million cemetery records at by entering a surname and clicking search:
Surname:

O, Remember, Remember

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Living Saga of Garvin Smith - Are you Dying to Read It? Part 17

A BIG THANK YOU to everyone across the country who prayed for me, put my name in numerous temples numerous times, thought about me, and pulled (exercised their faith and willed me to health) for me.
I apologize for not posting earlier but I have been horribly sick for about two weeks. I think I'm suffering from the "Vietnam Village" syndrome: "In order to save the village we had to destroy it!" My cancer is in remission, but my immune system is still weakened to the point that the flu becomes a major problem.
As a result of this experience I have come to know God much more intimately. I have felt more of his love, charity, and condescension, than ever before. For that I am grateful, as my initial quest of 2008 was to gain more faith, charity and gratitude. Words fail to convey the spiritual increase I obtained from this, but it is a goodly amount.
Again, Thanks to all who cared. That caring is a manifestation of God's love, and I feel it.

4 comments:

Renee said...

AJ and I were so happy to hear that you were doing better and that your cancer is in remission. We prayed for your health and continue to do so. We love you and miss you guys very much!!! Hopefully God will hear our prayers and help us get out there in August to see you, with Dad trailing with us. :) Love you guys!!

Rebekah said...

Hopefully you learned your lesson to NOT ask God for those kinds of things! haha I LOVE YOU PAPPY!

pamela shofkom said...

Bob and I love reading your blog. We are so happy for your victory! We also keep you in our prayers. Miss you guys awful!! Montana sounds fabulous.....what animals do you have on the ranch???

Mama Smith said...

Pam...In a couple of weeks...Garvin is getting his "3" calves...Since, we will raise them to SELL "2" of them...and butcher the "3rd" one for our family...We decided NOT to NAME them CUTE NAMES...They will be known as "Sirloin"..."T-Bone"...and "Rib-Eye"...(smile)