Oldest to Youngest

Oldest to Youngest
All Entered the Temple This Day

FindaGrave

Search 155.2 million cemetery records at by entering a surname and clicking search:
Surname:

O, Remember, Remember

Monday, July 26, 2010

Trip to Sacramento

To those children who helped "finance" this trip to Sacramento...I want you to know...the trip paid back in DIVIDENDS... I came away with stories I have never heard before...Example: My father shared the time he saw my mother for the FIRST TIME!  He told me about their FIRST DATE...Really quite cute...

I came away with pictures from the cemetery....which only a person who LOVES doing Genealogy would appreciate...(smile) Sounds like a crazy thing to do, but, I have to tell you...how EXCITED and HAPPY it made me...as I found, not only people I personally LOVED, but felt like I was connecting even more deeply with my ancestors...I will one day...get REACQUAINTED with...that I didn't get to see here during this sojourn....

Caleb made a super effort to drive "7" hours one day...to come and visit my father and I...Spent about "28" hours...with us...while he had to drive "14" hours in all...for that limited time...BUT, it was WORTH every minute...of those "28" hours...My father and Kathy...LOVED having Caleb there...!!!!! It was really the first time...that got to really get to KNOW HIM...In the past, I don't think they really got to talk with him on ONE-TO-ONE...like they did this time...MEMORY MAKING MOMENTS...

Also, on Saturday, Mandy, my brother Scott's daughter, and family came up to go swimming and have dinner...Caleb and I both wore my dad's swimming trunks...and I wore...one of my dad's "tee" shirts to swim in...Sorry...NO PICTURES...Didn't want to SHOCK the FASHION industry...or YOU...in how I looked WEARING the outfit....! (smile)
Dad, Mama Smith, Caleb
Dad, Kathy, and Caleb
My Father's Sister's Grave site
"Greta Louise PETESON"
1930 - 1946
My Dad's parents - My Grandparents
Both Greta's and my grandparents graves are located
at the Odd Fellows Cemetery
My Grandfather - Wallace Harry HEISEN's GRANDPARENTS
from GERMANY
This grave is located at the Sacramento City Cemetery
My grandmother - Dorothy M. JENSEN PETERSON's Brother -
Hans Christian JENSEN's wife's gravesite
Odd Fellow Cemetery
Addie is buried along with her parents
Charles and Adelheid HEISEN
Addie was born in Sacramento, California
Sacramento City Cemetery
WALDO A. WASHBURN and His parents and Sister
WALDO was married to MINNIE HEISEN
Minnie was the daughter, also, of 
Charles and Adelheid HEISEN

1 comment:

Garvin Smith said...

I'm sure you looked great in your dad's swimming trunks. You look good in anything. You just look good!