Oldest to Youngest

Oldest to Youngest
All Entered the Temple This Day

FindaGrave

Search 155.2 million cemetery records at by entering a surname and clicking search:
Surname:

O, Remember, Remember

Friday, January 1, 2010

Birthday Celebration and New Year's Eve Day!

We had a GREAT day, yesterday...We celebrated Hyrum's "17th" Birthday by going out to dinner, shopping for his Birthday present - more snow type clothing, and to a movie!  Hadn't gone to the "theater" for a VERY LONG TIME!   Plus, we took Caleb to "Hungry Horse Dam" located near Glacier National Park.

Hyrum turned "17"


 Top of "Hungry Horse Dam"
Caleb - Garvin - Hyrum
Yea...Garvin is dressed for "winter" in MONTANA!
 

Hyrum trying to chisel out an icicle

As we left "Hungry Horse Dam" - Caleb notices the FROZEN "Lion Lake" on the way out!
He wanted to go TEST the lake to see if it was "frozen" enough to "walk on water"

This is what "Lion Lake" looked like

 Hyrum and Caleb standing on the "frozen" Lion Lake

Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn decided to "test" how much further
they could "venture" out on the lake

Ha! You thought I'd have pictures of them falling through the ice! (smile) Sorry, to disappoint you...
Instead, they built a SNOW MAN on the lake!

These pictures were taken on the main road to get to Glacier Park or Hungry Horse Dam.
Someone sure had fun...with these icicles...Don't YOU LOVE IT?!!

 
 




6 comments:

Rebekah Greenway said...

I like those colored icicles! It gave me new ideas for color in my hair!

Mama Smith said...

Ha! Ha! Bekah...That never crossed my mind when I took those icicle pictures!!!! (smile)

Anonymous said...

I did call Hyrum for his b-day... I hope he got the message. ;)

Sandee Spencer said...

Glad to see Hyrum and Caleb have enough sense to wear a coat. It's in the 50's here in Florida today and I was out doing errands with coat and scarf wishing I had brought glove. Garvin you are a crazy man.

Garvin Smith said...

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane!

Abe n Annie said...

Don't lick the yellow icicles!