1992 - Buried Caleb in the mud hole




Mindy, Katie, Serene, and Claudia

I just saw Serene's Post this morning...regarding her children and MUD... http://serenedesigns.blogspot.com/ - but, could NOT resist resurrecting a few old pictures....There must be something about MUD that ATTRACTS young people...though, people do pay BIG BUCKS for MUD BATHS....But, on the ol' Smith homefront....we had MILLIONS of DOLLARS worth of MUD for FREE!!!
Here is what I wrote on JUNE 1998 regarding this "MUD FIGHT" at the Smith's:
"Those who participated: Dana and Katy Johnston, Daniel Holladay, David Joslyn, Carla (friend of Katy Johnston), Todd Pulver, Sarah Serene Smith, Daniel Milton, Matt Pulver, Angel Smith, Mindy Goodman, Katy (Liz Borchardt's friend), and Liz Borchardt."
"Took place in front of our house...They ended up clenaing up in our swimming pool...and later, showered in the house...) (though, Jennie Smith, Caleb Smith, and Curtis Maughn did not participate in the mud fight.)
Ah.....LOVE IT...when..."what goes around....comes around..." (smile)

4 comments:
These were good times!
Oh wow, that is just scary!! LOL! Awesome. I'm pretty sure I creamed all the boys. Those skinny little guys didn't stand a chance against the girls!
Looking back I can't believe you let us "clean off" on your pool! Lol, those days sure do make for some good memories! Thanks for always being the "cool" parents while we were teenagers! You have such a wonderful family :o) Congrats on all the beautiful grandkids!
Yes, Mindy...we really did have some wonderful times here...This house holds SO MANY MEMORIES...Garvin and I talk about them often...MISS HAVING ALL OF YOU MUNCHKINS around....Don't regret a single thing...MUDDY POOL and ALL...(smile)
Post a Comment