Nothing like...eating your own homegrown food!
YESTERDAY, I gleaned from the garden...
and made "tabbouleh"...which by the way
was eaten ALL in one day!
smile
The "parsley" on the left was used in the salad...
I used "scissors" to cut it up very fine...
As you can see, I have one more BUNCH for
another salad...in the future...
smile
My "cilantro" bed...
I absolutely LOVE "cilantro"...LOVE IT!
The upper photo...is a cilantro gone into bloom...and
from "seeds"... new plants are beginning to sprout...
I am letting the plants go into BLOOM...
1. To gather more "seeds" for next year...
2. I LOVE the dainty little white flowers...in fact, I will grow
some among my flowers...because the leaves and plants
are so "lacy" among the flowers...
I added the cilantro - "cut into small pieces like the parsley"...and added it
to my "tabbouleh" salad...
Yes...I chopped up some of my "garlic CHIVES"...
The blooms have "seeds" in them...and will drop for next
year's crop...They come back every year!
I simply cut the chives up into little pieces...
I cut everything above...with those small scissors...
Did NOT put in the STEMS or any leaf that didn't look healthy...
I didn't want to waste any of the greens or peelings
(from the cucumber) and blended them up in
water...and poured it all into my
boxes...to add fresh nutrients ...
smile
To complete the salad...I had to add store bought cucumbers (cut up small) and
tomatoes (also, cut up small)...Our cucumbers and tomatoes are not anywhere near ready to pick, yet. Added them to my salad...
I took a box of "Couscous" - a mushroom/herb one...
added some water to it...plus the packet of herbs/dehydrated mushrooms
(though, the mushrooms were so tiny and small - no one would
have guessed they were even in the salad) Added it all into the
salad...
PLUS, juice from "3" lemons - love the tangy taste of "lemon juice"...
and poured about 1/4 cup of oil...I happen to use..."avocado" oil...
very MILD tasting...
Here is the completed salad:
LOVED IT!
smile











No comments:
Post a Comment